Yes, you heard that right? History has confirmed this fact for a number of years. Europeans considered tomatoes are poisonous. People thought that if you ate a tomato, its poison would turn your blood to acid, therefore, resulting in death. Crazy right? Why would people avoid eating something full of nutrients?
“Why eat something so squishy?”
As long as nutrition is involved. People, especially kids. Are not fond of eating anything tasteless. Anything that is neither sweet or deep-fried. is too much for them. But what about adults. Sure, not everyone is a fan of eating tomatoes. But they sure love pizza and spaghetti! The problem is not really the fruit. Yes, tomatoes are fruit. It’s how we cook them. Generally speaking, tomatoes are nice add-ons for sauteed dishes or Sauces for soups and porridges. But if you want something to level-up your recipes and enjoy tomatoes in the best way possible. Modern Recipes are to aim for.
“More than just a fruit.”
Aside from the mouthwatering recipes for your tomatoes. It’s also wise to know what tomatoes can really do for your health. Here are some interesting fact about tomatoes you wish you knew sooner!
- Tomatoes ward off cancer. How? Cancer is known to be caused by free radicals in our body. To simply put. Our body is in need of an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants to continue fighting these off. And tomatoes are excellent producers of these.
- Heart Care, tomatoes are one of the best sources of fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and choline which give support to a healthy heart.
- Constipation, the water and fiber content of tomatoes are enough reasons to simply call it a laxative fruit. It promotes healthy bowel movements.
- Eyesight. you’ve probably heard this one a lot of time but as surely as it is, tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene which are all powerful antioxidants that have been shown to protect the eyes against light-induced damage, the development of cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Skin Care, the collagen the skin, hair, and nails need are all reliant on vitamin C for reproduction. Tomatoes are great source of this. Wrinkles, sagging skin, blemishes, and other adverse health effects of the skin can be avoided.
“Something to think about.”
It looks like our grandparent’s reminders for us to eat our fruits and veggies were not simply out of tradition. The benefits go a long way. So why not cut those junks to snacks and pluck some for yourself. If you still can’t eat them raw then head to our products and enjoy our fine bottled goods designed for people of all age to enjoy. And you can reap all those benefits without sacrificing the taste.